the art & adventures of tracy durnell

blog

December 12, 2008

 

Jewelry! (Part One: Brass and Mod)

I've phased into jewelry making as a main hobby. I get so tired staring at the computer all day at work that when I get home I don't want to even see my monitor. That certainly has cut into my digital drawing. But boy, someone keep me and my wallet away from the bead store! I've been having a blast.

Mod!


white twistily plus gold earrings

pink crystals
Sadly these are somewhat reminiscent of eyeballs.

owlies tall dangle earrings
I wore these today!

chunkalicious naturals necklace
This was wire-wrapping practice and will probably need to be redone.

Brass!


Ah yes, victoriana, steampunk, what would you be without brass?

mucha pendant necklace
The crown jewel...the pendant is vintage lucite with a print by my favorite artist, Alphons Mucha.

dainty cameo choker

turquoise 1905 dream earrings

redberry and brass dangle earrings

Labels: