Generally I hate sets, but these beads are just too awesome.
This happily, inadvertently matches a long vintage opera length necklace.
Dyed jade, fake pearls, and silver!
I call these dork pearls - they rock.
The gears on the watch part still spin, fun. Another attempt at steampunk.
I've been experimenting with bending wire, having fun.
Green jade, dyed blue jade, and silver.
More dork pearls and wire experimentation.
I totally love these, I may have to make another pair! The first pair screamed Robin though ;D
I wish I remembered what kind of stone this was. I accidentally ordered this copper chain and have been playing a lot with it. This is a choker.
I can't resist buying any seahorse charm I see, but almost never do anything with them. But I love lariats too - this one has no clasp, just tie it in a simple knot.
- Drawing: took portraiture & figure drawing classes; filled half a sketchbook (versus in previous ENTIRE YEARS filling only 1/4-1/2 a sketchbook)
- Graphic Design: took a graphic design class and designed 3 brochures, one being the start of a cookbook I've been meaning to do for years
- Jewelry: made a TON!
- Reading / Writing: wrote 3 graphic novel reviews; have read several good books (the sci-fi books Grass, Doomsday Book, and The Forever War stand out) - I've been working my way through the dual Hugo/Nebula award winners
- Life: rode my bike to work all through winter, I'd guess probably 60-75% of the time; visited my family and went to Yosemite!; planned and planted my garden; volunteered snowtracking and pulled weeds one morning
Goals for next six months
- Drawing: finish drawings I started in spring; draw for different seasons/solstices
- Graphic Design: get some more experience (through volunteering); possibly take another couple classes (logo design, color theory); redo my website and make business cards for myself
- Jewelry: start selling on Etsy
- Reading / Writing: finish/make significant progress on my book!; increase pace of graphic novel reviews to one per month instead of every other ;D
- Life: get better at maintaining myself / my stuff; be more social
- Science: study and take GRE; complete my currently-being-developed get-back-into-science curriculum