the art & adventures of tracy durnell

blog

October 7, 2008

 

Site makeover

I've been slacking on my html-in' and drawin', plus I've had the same layout for a year and a half now, so I figure it's time for another overhaul, something much more exciting looking. Last time I went for "it's the content that's interesting, I want something that won't detract from it," now I want something that communicates better what this site's about. (What is it about? Don't ask me!)

Here's the header that I'm working on for starters. I'm not great with lighting so I thought I'd challenge myself. CJ says she looks black?

She's supposed to illustrate that my site discusses art, atheism, and science. Can't quite get the adventure in there too. I welcome suggestions!

Labels: ,


comments:

Je comprends the art & science, but I'm not getting any atheism references. How does she look black?
Maybe she's race unspecific. So much the better.
m
# posted by Blogger Unknown : October 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM

 


she kinda does look black, or maybe dark tan... I don't think it quite reads as her being in the dark, it just looks like a dark grey background. You should try taking a picture of yourself in the dark and shining something on you to see where the highlights should be on her face and arms so you have a reference. Then after looking at that tweak the drawing to however you think makes it look best. I get the science... but what part symbolizes 'ze' atheism?
# posted by Blogger she : October 16, 2008 at 10:43 AM

 


Post a Comment

<< back to blog