the art & adventures of tracy durnell

blog

June 3, 2008

 

Things That Aren't Right

Dear Seattle Transit Authority: It takes me 25 minutes to drive to work. The same distance takes an hour and a half on the bus. I want to take the bus. But my time is valuable too, and I can't justify two extra hours in transit a day.

Dear Washington Department of Transportation: Traffic is horrible stop and go on 520 until the carpool lane ends and it drops to just two lanes. Is this just correlation or is it causation?

Dear Kaiser Permanente: I've spent my past three lunch breaks trying to get a written and not just verbal referral. Your hold music sucks--you need more than three songs, clearly. Have you never had to issue a referral before?

Things that are right: I saw a kid so excited to get to the ice cream truck he jumped an eight foot fence in two bounds.

Labels: ,