Monday - Projects
Tuesday - Art (Drawing or tutorials)
Wednesday - Comics review / Beading
Thursday - Art class (Portraiture)
Friday - Projects
Saturday day - Culture / Cooking / Cleaning
Weekly Accomplishment Goals:
1 comic review
1 blog post + weekly recap
2 new bead projects
3 decent sketches/artspeak drawing
2 hours (significant) project progress - I need a better way to measure this
2 hours drawing
These goals are in fitting with (most of) my overall goals for 2009:
1) Significantly expand my art/graphic design portfolio
2) Sell my jewelry
3) Daily accomplishments - make sure I can name at least one thing I did each day
4) Exercise 3x/week (biking to work doesn't count :/ ) <-- this is not happening yet
This is all probably being overly optimistic. But if it turns out I wind up still sitting around reading shit on the internet or habitually tidying (not cleaning), as I tend to do on weeknights, I have another idea: pay myself for artistic accomplishments. And only spend money on fun stuff (like comic books, movies, art, beading supplies) what I've earned.
Wow, Photoshop's "Smart Sharpen" tool is amazing! Definitely helps since I have trouble focusing perfectly with my glasses and all.
Dad by the sad dead Big Madrone.
View of Mt. Tam from Lake Lagunitas.
Future Big Madrone replacement? Yeah, in 200 years...
Dad and I hiked out by the Inkwells, where they'd done a lot of trailwork so it was easy to see the pretty waterfall.
Art This Week
- website: finished (for real this time) site header, sketched site footer, designed rough page layout
- wrote and posted Watchmen review (maybe I should post it here too?) READ IT!!!!! Movie's out March 6!
- made 3 pairs earrings
- made mix CD
- one decent sketch (for portraiture homework)
Life This Week
- we got a dishwasher! It didn't work with our sink, so I got it running in only 2 trips to the hardware store. The plumbing gods are not pleased
- framed two posters myself, and am getting 2 framed professionally !$!!$