the art & adventures of tracy durnell

blog

October 8, 2009

 

Chronology of Interests

Yesterday I showed CJ some stuff in Excel, which made me want to do some - I used to be the Queen of Excel! So I put together a simple little timeline of my interests over the past 13 years. It's silly, approximated, and incomplete (e.g. I omitted my one-summer long obsession with Batman and with vampires [before Twilight, please, give me some credit], etc.), but I had fun!

timeline of interests from 1996 to 2009
I ranked interest level in a topic from 0 to 10, with zero indicating I had a baseline interest about what the average person would have, and ten indicating near obsession. No value for a year indicated I didn't know / have an opinion about it.

Interests are organized in the legend left to right based on my first interest level, so 'mythology' is my oldest, highest-level interest starting in 1996, and 'steampunk' is my most recently begun interest.

Labels: